Managing valuable feedback on Slack is difficult and as a community grows around your brand, it becomes near impossible to keep a track of all the feedback and keep those members informed whenever you ship something they asked for.
With Olvy’s Slack Integration, we help you do just that. Once you set up your Slack Integration, you can very easily keep a log of all the valuable feedback in one place, get insights from the collected feedback and finally close the loop with your users once you ship something they've asked for.
Setting Up the Integration
- Move to Olvy’s Workspace Settings > Integrations.
- Here you’ll see a list of integrations and once you find Slack, authorize your Slack Workspace with Olvy.
- Now Olvy’s Slack bot has entered your workspace, invite (
/invite Olvy) Olvy to whichever channel you want to capture feedback from.
- Now you are all set to push a feedback to Olvy!
Pushing a feedback to Olvy
If you go back to Slack now, you will find a Push to Olvy when you right-click on a message.
Selecting that option will open a modal for you to confirm the feedback title and body, and once you click on Submit the user feedback will be pushed to your Olvy workspace.
Completing the Feedback Loop
Once you’ve shipped something your users on Slack had asked for, it’s time to delight them with the new product updates. You can communicate, make announcements or publish a release note to inform your users directly from Olvy.
- Communicating via feedback
- Whenever you push feedback from Slack, Olvy automatically creates a user profile of that user and stores this feedback.
- You can open this feedback and move over to Message activity.
- Here you can send across a message to your user directly.
- Informing via Issues
- You can create an issue and attach relevant feedback with them for your engineers and product teams to work on it.
- Once these issues are resolved, you can move over to announcements to inform users.
- You can send out a message to multiple users attached at the same time.
Configuring your Slack Integration
Once you set up the Slack integration you can configure it to change how the integration acts and what it does for you. To configure an integration click on the ⚙️ icon next to the integration you want to customize and you'll be presented with the following available configuration options.
- Automatic Feedback Channels
You can configure channels in your Slack workspace from where Olvy will automatically import all user feedback you have, and every time someone posts on your selected channels, they will automatically be added to your Olvy workspace.
- Message Acknowledgement
By default the Olvy bot responds to a Slack message whenever you push it as a feedback to let the message author know you've noted their feedback. You can disable the message, customize it or instead react with an emoji to the message if you want to keep it on the down-low.
- Notifications on new Feedback and Releases
Whenever a new feedback is added to your workspace or a new release is published, Olvy will automatically post a message on your selected messages to keep your team or community informed with all that is happening in your Olvy workspace without them having to leave Slack.
Summing up, Olvy’s Slack Integration helps you with -
- Pushing relevant feedback directly from Slack and analyzing all the feedback in one place.
- Automatically create user profiles once any feedback is pushed to Olvy.
- Communicate with all the users who gave feedback for all the research and communication purposes.
- Send out announcements to all the relevant users once you ship something they've asked for.
- Inform your community members on Slack whenever you publish a release note.