How to install Olvy Widget?
Olvy's In-App Widget allows you to integrate your release notes into your site or product seamlessly. You can choose any one or more of the three types of widgets that we have, modal, sidebar, or embed widget. The widgets can be customized to your liking and you can get them up and running in just a few minutes.
How to add Olvy to your site?
Follow the below simple steps to setup your choice of widget in your product and voila! Your release notes will be ready for the world to see.
- Go to your Olvy account . If you don’t have one create free account now.
- Go to the Install Olvy section.
- Use the code generator to select the type of Widget you want to choose. We have different kinds of widget like Modal, Sidebar and Embed style widgets. You can also configure things like if you want a compact style release note cards inside widget, or if you need a search bar inside the release notes.
You can also configure the color of the Unread release indicator according to your brand color theme.
You can also set the position of unread inidcator to Top-Right, Top-Left, Bottom-Right and Bottom-Left.
- Once you are done selecting all the configuration a code will be generated right below the "Code Generator Section". It would look something like this 👇
- Copy the embed script and paste it before the end of the body tag in your HTML code.
- The code above attaches to any element with the ID olvy-target. If you've selected a sidebar or a modal widget, it will pop up when the user clicks on this element. If you're using the embed in place widget then the releases will embedded inside the element you've specified You can also add the below HTML of a button that opens your releases
Congartulations you are now ready to push your release updates inside the product or anywhere you want 🙌🏻
Video Tutorial on installing Olvy Widget
Don't like reading? Here's a detailed video on how to install olvy 👇